Shay had bought a dill dip mix from a craft fair and made it for us. I don’t know exactly what was in it, but it was a mix of herbs and spices that you add to sour cream (I think. I didn’t watch her make it) in order to make the dip. It was delicious, but expensive.
I wanted to try to make my own dill dip using ingredients which I had at home. I figured that even if it didn’t taste as good as the one from the craft fair, I should hopefully be able to make a decent dip.
One “downside” to this dip is that it needs to be made in advance. It needs to be refrigerated overnight so that the flavors get a chance to meld. But, it is well worth the wait!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tablespoon dill weed
- ½ tablespoon dried onions
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste*
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or overnight, so that the flavors can meld together.
- Serve with crisp, crunchy vegetables or chips.
Adapted from Six Sister Stuff