Crispy Baked Catfish Nuggets
Another thing I distinctly remember is the strong smell. I loved the smell of it, because I knew that it meant I was in for a delicious treat. However I’m sure others may not be as thrilled about the smell.
Try some tonight, or maybe just the next time catfish nuggets are on sale.
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ pounds catfish nuggets
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Place an oven rack on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray prepared baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic powder. In another bowl, combine lemon juice and olive oil.
- Working with one nugget at a time, dip the nugget in the lemon juice mixture. Next, dredge the nugget in the breadcrumb mixture. Place nugget on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining nuggets. Sprinkle the nuggets with paprika.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 400 F. Then reduce heat to 350 F (do not open the oven). Bake for another 8 minutes, or until nuggets are golden brown and the fish flakes easily.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from US Catfish