Fudgy Banana and Almond Butter Oatmeal
You don’t need to give up chocolate, even if your new years resolution includes eating healthy.
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup quick cook steel cut oats (I used Coach's Oats)
- 1 ripe banana, divided use
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- In a small pot, bring milk to a boil over medium high heat. Once milk has started to boil, add the oats and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, mash half the banana. Slice the other half of the banana. Add mashed banana to the oatmeal mixture whenever you are done mashing it.
- Add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Stir until well combined. Remove from heat, cover the oatmeal and let it sit for 1 minute. Transfer the oatmeal to a container. Top with the almond butter and banana slices.
- Serve hot, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Adapted from The Oatmeal Artist