One Pan Greek Chicken
I hate cleaning up a lot of dishes, be it from using many dishes while cooking, or just using many dishes to serve food. I don’t mind washing a few dishes, but I find it hard to find places for all the big dishes and pots and pans to dry. If you stack too many items on top of each other, some items fall back into the sink, where you will have to wash it again.
This dish is not only simple and easy, it is all cooked in the same baking sheet. Once the food has finished cooking, simply throw out the foil. The only dishes left to wash are the ones used for serving the food (OK fine, there is also the cutting board and a few measuring utensils as well).
One “downside” to this dish is that the chicken must be marinated prior to cooking. It doesn’t have to marinate for very long, only about an hour (or less). This time could be used to chop the broccoli, and if there is time left over, the last few dishes could be washed so that there is even less to wash after eating.
The broccoli is cooked along with the chicken (it’s added in at the end so that it doesn’t get overcooked). A side and the main course will be ready for consumption at the same time.
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large zip top bag, combine the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken and massage it so that that the chicken is well coated in the marinade. Place chicken in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 20 minutes to an hour. Turn the bag periodically.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli into bite sized florets. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Place chicken on the baking sheet, shaking off excess marinade. Make sure there is space between each piece of chicken. Discard the rest of the marinade.
- Roast the chicken for about 25 minutes or until it is almost done. Remove from oven. Add broccoli to the pan, around the pieces of chicken. Pour olive oil over broccoli pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Place pan back into oven and cook for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Broil the chicken for about 2-3 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
Adapted from Damn Delicious