Oatmeal with Strawberries and Chocolate Chips
What can I say, I love strawberries. There is just something so delicious about that juicy red fruit. It’s often hard to find sweet strawberries outside of strawberry season. I keep frozen strawberries in the freezer since they are great for smoothies. Fresh or frozen strawberries (thawed) can be used in this recipe.
That being said, I only put a few chocolate chips to this oatmeal, and it lends a small amount of sweetness, making this oatmeal absolutely delicious.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, optional
- In a small pot, bring milk to a boil over medium heat. Add oats and chia seeds, stirring to combine. Make sure that the chia seeds are evenly distributed and that there aren't large chunks of chia seeds.
- Once most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 5 minutes, add the strawberries. Gently stir to combine.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a serving container, and top with chocolate chips. Top with walnuts, if desired
Adapted from The Oatmeal Artist