Snickers Salad Oatmeal
We would sometimes have potlucks at work. There would be sign up sheets with different sections, including dessert, appetizers, salads and main dishes.
How can you call a dish that contains pieces of a candy bar, and no lettuce a salad? This oatmeal has many of the flavors of a snickers salad, but with much fewer calories!
Peanuts could would probably make this oatmeal taste more similar to a snickers salad, but I only had walnuts, so that’s what I used.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ apple
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, divided use
- 1 tablespoon semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a small pot, bring milk to a boil over medium high heat. Meanwhile dice the apple, removing the core and the seeds.
- Once milk has come to a boil, add the oatmeal and apples. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove oatmeal from heat. Add vanilla extract, yogurt and 1 tablespoon walnuts and stir to combine. Top with remaining walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Serve hot or place in refrigerator overnight and serve cold.
Adapted from The Oatmeal Artist