Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
What’s better than pork chops covered in parmesan cheese? Pork chops covered in parmesan cheese with a mushroom gravy, of course! Yes, that is just a matter of opinion. Mike would say that I ruined the pork chops by adding the mushroom gravy. To be fair, he hates mushrooms.
True, this recipe is not necessarily healthy. Just don’t eat too many pieces and have a salad for lunch instead. You could also eat some delicious oatmeal for breakfast if you really want to be healthy.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup milk
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in another shallow bowl. Place the cheese in another shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge the pork chops in the cheese, pressing to combine. Next, dip the pork chops in the eggs, allowing excess egg to drip off. Lastly dredge the pork chops in the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Cook the pork chops until they have reached an internal temperature of 145 F, about 8 minutes per side. Set on a plate and tent with foil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms have started to turn golden brown, about 5 minutes. Slowly add flour to the skillet, stirring to combine. Sauté until the flour has turned turned golden, about a minute. Slowly add chicken broth and milk. Cook until sauce has thickened slightly, stirring periodically. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon gravy over the pork chops. Serve immediately.