Bacon Avocado Pizza
I love the chicken club pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. They use all the wonderful items in a chicken club sandwich as toppings for a pizza. It’s genius. It also really helps that I love chicken club sandwiches.
I don’t know what it is, but bacon and avocado just go so well together. They make can take a regular chicken sandwich and make it an AMAZING chicken sandwich! Why not take those two delicious ingredients and turn a regular cheese pizza into something even better?
Enter the bacon avocado pizza. I didn’t use any sauce because I didn’t want to take away from the amazing flavors that are already present. I also don’t like pizza sauce very much. I don’t hate all pizza sauces, but I feel like only a small amount, or none at all is needed.
- Flour of dusting the baking sheet
- 1 ball of pizza dough*
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 500 F. Lightly dust a baking sheet with flour.
- Roll out the pizza dough so that it is in a roughly circular shape and only about ¼ inch thick. Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the pizza, leaving about ¾ of an inch border around the edge of the pizza. Break bacon slices into smaller chunks and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pizza. Place pizza on baking sheet
- Bake the pizza for 6 minutes. Remove pizza from oven. Top with slices of avocado and bake for another 2 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
- Allow pizza to cool for a few minutes on a cooling rack. Cut pizza into slices and serve hot.
* Recipe for homemade pizza dough